Thursday, October 29, 2009

"Scary Things" and Pumpkin Carving

So I am sure when you read this title you were thinking "What on earth does she mean by scary things?" Well as some of you know Jo, Ja, & K are doing a haunted house for the boy scouts and venture crew. Last night, I asked A if she wanted to go and she got really excited and said yes. Of course I had my reservations but I figured worse comes to worse we could just go and see uncles and auntie. We pulled up and she had a look of shock on her face which made me even more nervous. She said she wanted to go in so we paid and held our glow stick. (If you have young children who don't want people jumping out at them they give you a glow stick). As we started to enter we ran into Uncle Ja, who decided it would be a good idea (since she was the only person in the maze because of the freezing cold) to go and have all the workers take off their masks. We continued to walk through and see all the flashing lights and spiders and all the "scary things." The entire time she kept telling me "It's OK Mommy, it's pretend." I was so proud of her! We went through the entire maze saying hi to all the kids on the way and getting a candy when we were done. She had such a good time and I am so glad we went!

For awhile now, Ch and I have been planning on carving pumpkins today. Of course, I did not think ahead of time and waited until the last minute and had a hard time finding pumpkins. I did find some and brought them home for us to carve. I sat A down and asked her what she wants to carve and she said to no surprise "Aurora's Castle." So we found a princess castle template and started scooping the seeds out of the pumpkin. She did not like the feel of the seeds but was such a good helper. We started tracing out the pumpkin and then she got bored and tired and took a nap. Daddy and I finished carving them while A was sleeping and loved the way they came out. Then tonight we let her help light them and she thought they were beautiful. Here are some pictures. Enjoy!


Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

0 Fabulous Comments. Thank You.:

Post a Comment