Friday, July 10, 2009

15 hours, a mohawk, and a "riber"

Last night, as most of you know, Ch, A, and I departed on our two week long summer road trip. I took the first shift (being a night owl and all) while Ch and A slept all the way to Barstow. We arrived at Barstow at 12:30 p.m. when A decided she wanted to get up and hang out with Mommy and Daddy (who was still sleeping). not ten minutes after we left Barstow did traffic stop, not only completely, but to the point where our cars were off and we were outside in the middle of Highway 15. As I was standing there contemplating waking Ch up to take over the driving, I saw what appeared to be 3 or so clear spiders crawling right by my feet. I walked away with no worries to only later find out, by my always informative hubby, that they were actually baby scorpions! Great....!!! We hung out on the Highway for about ten or so minutes than we were on our way again!

I continued to drive through to Baker and had Ch take over at 2 a.m. so I could try and get some sleep and attempt to get A to go back to bed (yes she was still awake!) We continued on our trek through the wonderful sprawling desert filled with nothing but sand and darkness. As we were approaching the city of lights A was still awake so we decided to show her a castle which of course she loved and now everything she sees is a castle.

Around 3:30 a.m. A and I finally fell asleep as Ch trekked on and got us through to Utah. I awakened just as the sun was starting to come over the mountains which was the most beautiful sight I have ever seen. (I am sure my mind will be swayed once we get to Colorado). We continued on a perilous journey with A still sleeping through it all.

We found a few viewing spots along the highway to show A some of the beautiful sights that Utah has to offer. As we were approaching the Colorado border, we could hardly contain ourselves with our excitement! We got closer and closer and I pulled out my camera aimed and ready to see the "Welcome to Colorful Colorado" sign. I saw the sign, Ch saw the sign, and even A saw the sign, but my camera did not.

Thirty minutes later (around 1:00) we arrived at our beautiful hotel. The first thing A wanted to do was look out our window. When she did she proclaimed with great excitement "I see the RIBER!!!" (aka river). A and I then passed out for three hours while Ch went and of course, worked out. Even on vacation he has to stay in shape. However. he did proclaim he rebellious nature to start his vacation by having me cut his hair into a Mohawk. This of course raised some eyebrows as he gorged himself at Olive Garden (his words, not mine). I think he has engrossed himself fully into our vacation.

As we sit here in our hotel, with A snuggled between us, we look forward to the coming weeks and all the adventures to come.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

0 Fabulous Comments. Thank You.:

Post a Comment