Friday, February 14, 2014

Surprise!

Oh, ya know... just the newest member of our family. No big deal. ;)




Yeah, so that was one way to start 2014. I just knew it was going to be a good year! And is that not the cutest little peanut you've ever seen!?! 

Yes, I'm sure it's hard to believe, but this baby was quite a little surprise for us.

Okay so, my stomach was the reason I tested. I woke up New Years day and felt really sick. I assumed I had drank too much or one of my kids got me sick until I realized what day it was. I raced to the calendar and started counting... 38, 38, 40, 41. You see I have all over the board cycles from 33-38 days. But never 41! So I caved, ran to the store, came home and tested. It was mid-morning on Wednesday, January 1st and this is what I saw...



Pregnant.

I was shocked. And happy. And excited. And nervous. And in love. And scared out of my mind. But mostly happy =)  I went into the bedroom where my hubby was sleeping from working New Years Eve and just smiled at him.  He said "What!?! What's wrong?" and I just pointed to the tests. Of course he was just as shocked as I was then we hugged, kissed and spent the rest of the morning saying "I can't believe it!" 


We didn't do anything fun or exciting this time, we just told his parents that day and then my parents the next, which happened to be our anniversary. It seems like all a whirlwind now thinking back but we are so excited and happy. 


I'm due on September, 2014 which is the same week A starts 2nd grade. But with my medical history and my rather large monster babies, my doctor won't let me go past 38-39 weeks. That means this baby will be here on or around August 28, 2014 approximately.

I'm 11 weeks pregnant, and let me tell ya... it was so hard for me to wait this long to tell you. But I wanted to wait until after my first ultrasound and after the first trimester to really share the news. He/she had a beautiful heartbeat of 148 bpm, which we got to see and hear on Thursday, 1/16.


We had to wait a while to tell the kids. I just wanted to make sure everything would be ok before telling them. Especially since once A knew, the whole world would know. We told them last Sunday, I made these shirts for them and had them open them after dinner and documented their reactions!!!
Part 1:
Part 2:


And then of course we wanted to do something cute for everyone else on facebook, instagram, my blog, etc. After looking at many ideas on pinterest this is what we came up with:

Okay, so I think that is all for know. Soon I will start to post belly pics so you can all see how huge I get! 
I am so glad you all get to be on this wonderful journey with me about baby #3!!

 

2 Fabulous Comments. Thank You.:

Natalie DeYoung said...

I loved being able to see the kids' reactions! So excited for you guys!

Unknown said...

Congrats you guys. I'm so excited for you guys. Miss you by the way. : )

Post a Comment